Thursday, January 31, 2008

Dragon Love




This is the lace project I'm working on currently before I leave for Hogwarts. I'm not sure if I'll finish it at home or in the Slytherin Common Room either way it's beautiful. I love dragons, so this is the perfect thing to wear when I'm not flashing my house colours. It's the Dragon Scale Scarf and I'm using Handmaiden Sea Silk in mineral. It's a dream to work with so soft and I swear it gets softer, the more you knit, tink and frog it! Also you can see my beautiful stitchmarkers from zero at Etsy in Slytherin house colours. Oh did I mention the needles? They are KnitPicks Harmony size 3.25mm (US size 3) and a must have for any knitter I love the needles!! I ended up getting 32' circs in all sock sizes plus the interchangables. If you work with bamboo, silk, soy silk or any other lovely luxury, slippery and/or spility yarn these lamented birch babies are the only way to go. Eventually I want to have two pairs of all the sock sizes (yes I use up to 3.25mm for socks -- think Cascade Fixation or Elann Esprit, also perfect with my sock drug of choice Crystal Palace Panda Cotton so yummy) so I can do two socks at a time on two circs. I haven't done that yet and really want to do so. It will help with SSS (single sock syndrome) Well back to my knitting I swear this yarn and needles give me a yarn-gasm.

What can I say I love luxury and I'm somewhat limited in the yarn choices due to being cursed with allergies. At least I'm not allergic to dragons.
EDIT: I couldn't post this on Thursday because Blogger won't take the pictures now it won't take explaination marks in tags argg. damn muggles and their faulty technology

No comments: