Wednesday, January 23, 2008

House Pride


I've been busy doing some house knitting before my second year at Hogwarts. I love this pattern, it's by Rosemary Waits (pattern available by downable pdf on her site) and is loosely based on the Stag Bag that is up for grabs on Knitting Daily (you need to log in to see download this pattern).

This is my first attempt at fair isle and I finished the body in approx. 3 days! I did make the double the rows on both sides of the crocheted straps. I was so thrilled to find the perfect colours for a Slytherin bag. I used Bernat Satin Evergreen for the MC and Sterling for the CC. The Sterling is actually a nice shiny silver but it doesn't show that on the picture.

Oh by the way I'd thought I'd show off my wand since I didn't have this blog last year.


Wood type: hawthorn
Length: 11½ inches
Core: Phoenix Feather

get your own wand!




No comments: